Sunday, August 24, 2008

Scout

I like to think and read about Scout. I like how innocent she is and how practical she is. I think she is definitely older than her years but it all makes sense to her. I think that her teacher feels stupid when she sees such a young person reading things that she probably never will. I feel bad that Scout had such a hard first day of school. she tried so hard to do what was right and explain why the Cunningham boy refused to take the money. I like what Atticus told her about new people not understanding "all Maycomb's ways in one day". Atticus seems very wise and loving. Jem and Scout do not seem to realize how lucky they are to have a father that loves them alot. I mean, look at Dill for example. He's crazy and makes up all sorts of stories about his dad. He can tell the difference. I think that it is funny that they all run by the house as fast as they can. I like that Scout does not deny being afraid and that she points out Jem's weakness whenever he tries to be tough. I think it keeps Jem somewhat humble. I remember reading the book awhile ago but I do not remember what happens so I am definitely enjoying the book. Sorry about all ideas crunched into one paragraph. I am going to blame my pregnant brain for that.

1 comment:

Tecia said...

i felt bad for scout too, and Tegs you can only use your pregnancy for so many excuses. I think you're kinda capped out. Love You!