Sunday, July 28, 2013

By Tecia

I've enjoyed the book so far. It's not a page turner keep me up till 3am or anything. But I really like her development of the characters. It has come on gradually to me and I feel like they are realistic and I can totally picture them. 

There are some sentences that have gotten a little wordy but I downloaded the dictionary on my kindle app and so now I just have to click on the word to understand it's full meaning. The parts in French totally bug me. But I like his classroom management. How ideal! Putting kids in their place but still earning their respect. 

I also don't understand the place of "X--" where his brother lived. Why do they call it that and not the name?

I have enjoyed his journey in life so far. I admire the choices he's made. Leaving a family that had wealth but didn't treat him kindly or respect him, then to try and make it with his tyrant of a brother. He worked hard, managed his money well and now is in France where he took a huge chance, but seems to be enjoying being a professor. 

I wonder what the rest of the book will hold?

2 comments:

srf said...

The parts in French are also a problem for me. If we would have a bought a Kindle version instead of downloading the free version, it probably would have footnotes translating the French parts.

Tecia said...

ahhh, good to know. I still like the free version and I could put it all in the computer to translate, but I think I get the general idea.