Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm not liking the "moderation"

What the heck is Chang talking about? "We rule with moderate strictness, and in return we are satisfied with moderate obediance."Ch 4. Who in their right mind would ever be that satisfied with being moderate? Why aren't they striving to be perfect? Why don't they want perfect obediance? I guess that how the author used the word moderate made me think that the Lamas are doing just enough to make themselves feel they are doing right but they don't go over the top and try to do great things. I guess I just sort of see a laziness in moderation. Then again we are taught to have moderation in all things so I guess this post is actually sort of useless. Sorry to waste anyones time. Please don't think I'm an idiot.

Now, on to Mallison. I really do feel for the guy. He has people in England that love him and want him home. I don't like how is made to look like the paranoid, pessemistic guy that doesn't appreciate the beauty of Shangra-La and just wants to go home. Of course he wants to go home. I am amazed at how easy the rest of them have adjusted.

Conway. I am not sure what to make of him this week. He is still concerned for the others but he is enjoying himself so much. We'll have to wait till next week and see what else happens.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I agree Tegan, limited freedom results in limited accomplishments.