Sunday, September 23, 2007

nothing clever comes to mind

I have really enjoyed the book. It really does grab you at the beginning with the two men talking about Conway. I think the piano playing was quite weird, but I'm sure it'll come back full circle and explain.

I think Conway is considered 'brave' because he is naturally good, according to other characters, at dealing with people. So when others, like Mallison, are freaking out, he is able to keep his cool and think through the situation clearly. I think part of this natural ability is him being able to read people well. To sit back and be quiet and observe. I feel I can compare Mallison to two other women I know. Conway is in control of himself. Part of this is age and experience. And as far as being 'great' I thought the one man who found him said that he choose what he did in the war and enjoyed it. I think all that experience will help him in Shangri-la. I'm sure Conway is brave, great and all those other things and in a very realistic and not fantized way.

3 comments:

srf said...

What two women are you referring to?

Tecia said...

no comment to that comment.

Tecia said...

no comment to that comment.