Sunday, September 28, 2008

Great Ending

Wow, I hardly know what to say. I agree with everything that Mom and Shyla said. I definitely had tears in my eyes when I was finished with the book. How scary for Jem and Scout! What is that crazy Ewell trash thinking! Poor Atticus is so shook up (as he should be) that he cannot even think straight. I do not think that the thought even entered his head that Boo Radley ( I perfer Boo over Arthur) was the one that saved his children and killed Bob Ewell. And I am interested in why Aunt Alexandra feels that the whole thing was her fault (page 307). She said she "...had a feeling about this tonight...". Of course Alexandra and Atticus would feel safe letting Jem and Scout go to the school alone. Didn't Scout say that everyone in Maycomb knew everyone elses voice?(page 302) I know they feel bad about not being there and I am sure there is a lesson there. Listen to your gut feelings, alot of the time they are right. I also like how the author does not try to tie up all the lose ends and ruin the novel. The characters in the book are living life and trying to deal with things that happen to them the same as the readers. I feel sad that Scout never saw Boo again. I hope he was happy the rest of his days. So Shyla, are you saying that none of her other books are any good? If they are, I would like to read them. Good book choice Shyla, and excellent book. Definitely one to keep in your library at home.

1 comment:

srf said...

What I am trying to say is that Lee Harper never wrote a novel other than this one. She started one or two but didn't finish them.