Friday, February 12, 2010

my thoughts

Well, I thought it was kinda slow at first. I think this was just my attitude, since I had to stop reading "A Tale of Two Cities", not that I understand yet what is going on in that book either. Anyway, I marked some passages with sticky notes and now can't remember why to all of them. Hard to admit, but I think Mom does that. I think Bradbury over describes things sometimes, it seem so dramatic to me And while I think this passage is over dramatized, I kinda like it: top of pg. 24 "he felt his body divide itself into a hotness and a coldness, a softness and a hardness, a trembling and a not trembling, the 2 halves grinding one upon the other.

I think it's weird Montag and his wife can't remember when they met and I can't figure out what that means, some conspiracy? Maybe I missed something? I feel like many things aren't explained. Like the 3 walls with her "family", Bradbury just jumped into that, and the mechanical dog picking up his scent? Who programed the dog to do that and why? I had to go back and reread a lot to try and figure out what was happening. Maybe that's because I was reading at night or was distracted, but I found it obnoxious.

However, as I read more and more, and when he meets the professor and is struggling and trying to figure out what to do , I could hardly put it down and I can't wait to find out if he burns his own house or not and who turned him in!

Tecia

1 comment:

Karen said...

I think society has been so desensitized, that memories are faded or gone, that is why Montag and Millie don't remember how they met, or even why they are together.