Sunday, August 11, 2013

Next Book

Well it pains me to say it, because I think Charlotte Bronte is brilliant and she's one of my favorite writers, but I did not enjoy The Professor much. Actually, I kind of can't believe she's wrote it. I'm glad she was able to get that first novel out of the way, so that she could bring the world Jane Eyre and Villette.  However, I'm not sorry I read it - now I just need to read Shirley to have read all of Charlotte's novels.  The book does not stand on it's own, but is interesting in the sense of a study of Charlotte Bronte.

I have 3 other potential books in mind for book club - all ones that I've read before that I think will be better liked. The next one I would like to do is Rilla of Ingleside - because I'd like the twins to get this book read.  You'll both like it, it's short, and you don't need to have read all of the Anne books first - this book can be read and liked without having read the whole series. When would you people like to start another book - please comment to let me know.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I really liked some of the passages though, I feel it was a great first book , and helped to hone her writing style.

Tegan said...

We could start anytime