Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Section 2

I know, I'm a bit behind. It's just been slow going with YW lessons and all this FPO stuff. I find Bronte's language excessive. It's hard to follow along sometimes, even when I go back and reread a section.

I'm glad that William finally has found a suitable mate in his mind. But it bugs me how unkind he was to Frances at first. In class, he could tell that she was struggling and kept on, in fact he pushed even harder!! I echo the comments made from this section. William is kinda a conceited and would indeed do well to get over himself.  However, he is kind and cares more about the intellect than in good looks and flamboyance. So his priorities are in the right spot. Frances surpasses him. Leaving him that money!! She has high morals and the best kind because she is not puffed up.

I almost found it humorous his description of her when they met in the graveyard and then had tea in the house. He was so over the top and rose colored. Kinda reminded me of how Joey talks sometimes. I just had to roll my eyes. What a dork!

I do think they are well matched and if they end up together, he will treat her well. He and she can both survive on practically nothing so that won't be an issue.

I am disgusted in the Reuter and Pellet. Mostly Reuter. How petty of her to fire Frances and I'm glad Frances could see that and won't trust her even though the no reference is costing her a job. It probably would have anyway. I can't believe they are playing him like that. I'm glad he quite and I'm impressed with how he handles himself when around Reuter.

Can't wait to read what happens next!

No comments: