Saturday, July 7, 2007

Chapter 25
So the capital of California is San Francisco. I remember something about that. Learned that in a western on tv or something. The guy with the sons. Oh yeah, Bonanza! Has Verne actually been to San Francisco. I've been there. I don't remember that it had wide streets. Am I taking this too literally. He describes San Francisco like he describes Hong Kong in Chapter 19. I guess all big cities look the same. Just one more reason to stay inside, drink a Pepsi and look at the postcards. If Pass would employ the same attitude he would save some wear and tear on his body. And the political rally that runs amok the explanation for which is the second to the last line of Chapter 25. A classic. "No, sir; of a justice of the peace."

1 comment:

Karen said...

we aren't on chapter 25 till Monday.