Saturday, July 7, 2007

THE PLOT THICKENS

Fogg-
I think him very brave to brandish a knife to save Auoda, but what are all the reasons for him doing it, aand keeping her with him. How will all work out mathmatically? I wonder at his calm at all times, even in the midst of a typhoon; it seems to calm and give confidence to those around him.

Passepatout-
I was so glad the he finally learned that Fix was not his friend, then he became his alli!! Well at least he beat the crap out of him. He is very resourceful (ie) selling his clothes and becoming a long nose.

Fix- I knew I didn't trust him, but after playing chicken and hiding in his room, he took his punishment well. I wonder if it will work to Foggs benefit to have Fix in his debt.

Auoda-
I am sure she is falling in love with Fogg, the adventure must seem very a romantic thing to a young woman.
She is experiencing all the hardships he is, and taking his part. I wonder if the affection will be returned.

I am looking forward to crossing America with Phileas.

3 comments:

Tegan said...

Fogg-I begin to think that the guy has no passion except whist. I do not like the calm at all times attitude. I do not agree that it helps others around him. Passe and now Aouda are now so involved and excited about this adventure that they stress over everything. I think if Fogg stressed over everything then Passe and Aouda would be calm. Don't you agree?

Tecia said...

I too would cross anywhere with Fogg. At least "steal" (hahaha) all his money and go with Eddie. He's pretty resourceful. Eddie that is.
Tegs, I think Pass and Aouda would be calm on the outside in most cases and try to tell him that it will all work out. But inside they would be stressing just like him. I still think they would be crazy at times though.

srf said...

Hmmm, if I had to go on an 80 day trip around the world, I'm not sure Eddie would be my first choice to travel with. He'd probably boss me around a lot and when he wasn't doing that he'd undoubtedly spend all his time "explaining" foreign politics to me.

I agree with Tegan. Unlike the woman token woman in the book (Mrs. Aouda) I am not impressed by Fogg's constant silence and impassioned but polite behavior. But I do think his calm attitude is helping others. What bothers me is that I don't think he maintains calm to help others and I think he could care less whether being calm helps others or not.