Saturday, February 23, 2008

Catherine's Education

Catherine is learning life's lessons the hard way. I think she can clearly despise John Thorpe as much as I do. I feel very proud of her for standing up to him, but why can't he seem to see she doesn't like him? He such a LIAR.

Isabella seems harder for her to see thru, and now that she has trapped James (what is he thinking!!) I fear Isabella will be more manipulative than ever. I think Catherine feels she should like her, but when following her heart, is more attracted to Miss Tilney, and happier when she is with her.

Mr Tilney, as perfect as he is, has a flaw, he is vain and Catherine unmasked adoration plays right into it. I really enjoyed their conversation on history tormenting children. Mr Tilney is clever and cute in all his conversations, such an opposite of John Thorpe.

No comments: