Sunday, February 24, 2008

Slowly but surely

It's funny that Catherine is so convinced by Isabella's devotion to her brother. wasn't it less than a month ago that Isabella was "not" flirting with strange men she saw? Suddenly she's going to be loyal now that she's officially promised to somebody, and one she was apparently so taken with since she first beheld him. Well, I guess she's just looking to get married to the first sucker to come along. I like Catherine's loyalty, she is a true friend and it's so great that she's finding a truer friend in Miss Tilney. Their friendship started off better, in my opinion.

I still can't handle John Thorpe. He's like one of those creepy guys who seems cool at first but turns out to be stalker-ish. And then when you stop being nice to them they still don't go away so you end up having to be mean and ignore them at the expense of propriety. They are also very awkward.

3 comments:

Karen said...

John Thorpe and cool don't belong in the same sentence.

Tay said...

that's true. my apologies.

Kalli said...

Yeah, I never thought he was cool. Just stupid. Like a lot of other fellas I know ;)