Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thanks Mom!

Mom, I just wanted to say thank you for all the goodies that came with the book! Before, when we have read the books, I would be reading and and come across a question I had or want to highlight a good line and would be too lazy to go and get a pen a paper, thinking that I would remember the question or comment when I posted. Of course I would not remember. But this time I had the trusty dusty bag of goodies and was actually able to write down my thoughts and questions. Now to the book, and Cy, please don't have hurt feelings about the goodie bag. We love you.

So, I like pg 32 when she goes on and on about how novelists do not get proper respect that they should. Is this her first novel?

Pg 45 If Catherine can see right through John Thrope, why can she not see that his sister is the same? I can see and understand that Catherine has set Isabella on a pedestal and nothing Isabella does will be wrong. I have done this before. However, when Catherine does begin to see the real Isabella, I think that all respect will be lost for her as it happened for me. But she will also feel a freedom and will be able to grow and move on with her life. I can't wait to see that happen. James worries me a little bit. He obviously has trouble picking out respectable people to be associated with. And I was really annoyed when Isabella told Catherine that she had been waiting for her for half an hour when she had only been there for five minutes! Who does she think she is? Come on Cathrine, open your eyes and be happy!

No comments: