Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Perspective

Hey guys, sorry it has taken me forever to make my first post. Life is crazy. Anyhow, I love Willa Cather. Her writing is so inspirational and creative. The story captured me instantly. Writing's like these drag you into reality and you can't escape from the story. I actually have to agree with Grandma for a change... Willa had me from the beginning of the book. It is so creative and imaginitive and these kind of books are my favorite.
I enjoy when a story is told from a certain characters perspective instead of the authors. I love how Jim decribes every moment of how he is feeling, what is happening with everyone around him. I also too wonder why he is so attached to Antonia. She is kind of a brat of her time, but in a way I can understand her pain. But I can't imagaine how it would be like moving to a foreign country where every little detail is different. Her Mom is so insane! Kind of like my own mother... Jk. And maybe we should sick the wolves on my Dad instead of him doing the same to my Aunts, lol. Some of them at least..
I can't stop reading this book, I actually had a dream about it. Good choice guys!! Sorry again it's taken me forever to write.

SadieJ

No comments: